- This event has passed.
Crispy Scallion Pancakes
October 17 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm UTC-7$15
Expand your Quarantine Cooking and bring Hipcooks to your kitchen with our Livestream cooking classes. We all cook step-by-step and side-by-side for an interactive experience.
We hope that these flaky & crispy scallion pancakes will soon become a quarantine favorite go-to treat. Hop to the streets of Asia in minutes! They’re easy to make, scrumptious, fast, and satisfying. The best part: all you need is about a cup of flour, some butter/oil, and some scallions or chive. That’s it!
The result will be a Dim Sum treat you will enjoy anytime. It will easily become a family favorite. Speaking of family: if you have kids, invite them to class or sign them up. You may need to help them at the stove, but otherwise, this is a perfect class for all ages.
Just a few ingredients make the magic!
Here’s what to have on hand to get ready for class. The amount below makes 4 pancakes (perfect for 4 people.) Feel free to halve the amount if there are just 2 of you!
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup of hot water
- A few scallions or chives, plus some scissors or a knife
- ½ a stick of butter in a small pot or microwave-safe bowl (we’ll be melting the butter for class)
- Flaky sea salt
- Some neutral cooking oil (like filtered coconut oil, grapeseed oil, vegetable oil or avocado oil)
- Skillet (10 or 12-inch skillet is perfect). You can use a non-stick skillet or cast-iron pan. Just about whatever you have will work.
- Tongs (are ideal for grabbing and flipping your pancake as you cook it. A spatula is trickier, but will also work!)
- A pastry brush (a clean paintbrush is fine to use if you don’t have a pastry brush)
- A rolling pin (No rolling pin? Use a wine bottle! Then you can pour yourself a nice glass to enjoy with your pancake!)
Virtual cooking classes at Hipcooks
Join us for this online cooking class on zoom, or get your own group together for lively Livestream cooking classes: Coworkers & clients, Friends & family, and kids for a Private virtual cooking class. We’ll work with you to book a date and time that work for you. More info on our Private virtual cooking classes here.
All classes are based on recipes with no more than a handful of easy-to-find ingredients. If you don’t have exactly what’s needed, don’t worry: we teach adaptable skills. We’ll send your group ingredients & tools checklists before your class, and recipes afterward. These classes are delightful — join us!