- This event has passed.
Happy Hour Sip & Nibble – The Curious Quarantiner
July 17 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm UTC-7$15
Expand your Quarantine Cooking and bring Hipcooks to your kitchen with our virtual cooking classes. We all cook step-by-step and side-by-side for an interactive experience.
The Curious Quarantiner
Grab your gin (or vodka if you prefer) and travel with Hipcooks to the exotic lands of your spice drawer! We’ll use what we find to shake up an out-of the ordinary, unexpectedly delicious cocktail. We pair this cocktail with a Hipcooks favorite: Spicy & salty candied nuts — awesome for snacking, sprinkling on salads, and enjoying while you sip.
Here’s what to have on hand to get ready for The Curious Quarantiner
For the Cocktail:
- 1 cup sugar (or honey)
- Some or all of these spices: Cinnamon sticks, Cloves, Peppercorns, Cardamom pods, Star anise
- 1 lemon
- 1 egg white
- Vodka or Gin
- Ice – You will need enough for shaking the cocktail and for an ice bath to cool the simple syrup
- Optional: Bitters of any kind!
For the Nuts:
- Mix of raw, unsalted nuts – any variety you like! Cashews, pecans, and almonds are favorites of ours.
- Brown sugar
- Maldon or flakey sea salt
- Handful of rosemary, optional
- Tabasco (or similar hot sauce)
- Measuring cup with ounces
- Cocktail shaker, pint glass, & strainer or other makeshift shaker (i.e. a mason jar with lid & mesh strainer)
- Small pot for simple syrup
- Cutting board & knife
- Big bowl to make an ice bath
- Mesh strainer and a vessel in which to strain the simple syrup
- Chilled glass for your cocktail
- Small saute pan for nuts
- Baking sheet lined with an exopat or parchment
Virtual cooking classes at Hipcooks
Join us for this online cooking class on zoom, or get your own group together for a lively Livestream: Coworkers & clients, Friends & family, and kids for a Private virtual cooking class. We’ll work with you to book a date and time that work for you. More info on our Private virtual cooking classes here.
All classes are based on recipes with no more than a handful of easy-to-find ingredients. If you don’t have exactly what’s needed, don’t worry: we teach adaptable skills. We’ll send your group ingredients & tools checklists before your class, and recipes afterward. These classes are delightful — join us!